So here's how it is!! A few days ago(or maybe weeks) in an editorial of a newspaper, an editorial came out praising the benevolence & awareness of the Indian youth. The writer went blindly praising the good deeds of our youth that after a few paragraphs, it became quite boring & frankly speaking killed my Sunday morning. "The Indian youth of today is courageous to take out a candle-lit procession in the streets of the Capital. He is good enough to force a CBI enquiry into the suicide of Rizwanur Rahman. Rahul Gandhi is an icon for the young generation as he himself is a young politician". But wait is Rahul not 40? And he is young?? For fuck's sake, give me a break. But what Mr. Educated Born In India, Bought Up Outside doesn't mention/notice or overlooks is the underlying mess that the Indian youth is in. Shocked?
Here are a few pointers:-
1) A group of females molested in Mumbai by, guess who....Young Indians.
2) North-Eastern girls in Delhi are eve-teased & harassed by young North Indians for not conforming to Indian traditions & dress-sense.
3) A rape-a-minute occurs in some rural & urban area of the country & the Indian youth partakes in it.
4) A million people graduate each year. 10% go out in search of greener pastures. 20% get absorbed into government jobs through bribes & passing staged interviews. 30% sit at home hoping to land a government job next year. 15% get jobs in private companies & curse their lives. 25% becomes tomorrow's drug addicts, peddlers, Abu Salems, suicide bombers, ULFA recruits.
5) We, the Indian youth can fight only on paper(read passive processions & rallies), not in action(read active participation in politics).
6) We will strip an Adivasi in the middle of a road of a state capital & shout "Thike hoise tahator logot"(Its good that it happened to you)!!
Oh & did you know that India is perhaps the youngest country in the world. 550 million are in the age group of 18 to 35 years. 55% of India falls under the young brigade. If the facts pointed before are any indication where the Indian youth is headed, then this youth certainly has
gone wild. India is screwed!!